CS431 Introduction to Operating Systems
Create windows processes and create a multithreaded process
as described in Exercise #2 in Nutt
- Create your list of programs to run in a file called
- Include only programs that might be found on any Windows
NT box (so that we can run your program)
- Include in your program output statements that identify
each program by name after it has been launched. (You
will be turning in a log file of the running of your
- This portion of the exercise essentially simulates "cpuload"
from exercise 1.
- You may use the "threadwork" function
identified in the exercise, or you may create your own.
- The time tracking is an important part of the exercise.
You may use GetSystemTime or any other standard function
to accomplish the task.
- As each thread is created, print a message indicating the
time, the function being activated, and the thread number.
- When the program is to shut down, print the time.
Items to turn in:
- Source code for Part A. You MUST have documentation
(either embedded as comments or external) to explain what
you did and how you did it.
- launch.txt file for Part A
- Output log from the running of part A. (You can get this
by using the copy [mark] and paste functions in the NT
command window. Just copy the output to notepad and
- Source code for Part B. Again you MUST have
- Output log from the running of part B.